The redcurrant or red currant is a member of the genus Ribes in the gooseberry family. It is native to parts of western Europe. The species is widely cultivated and has escaped into the wild in many regions. These shiny little berries grow low on bushes, hanging from the branches like rows of miniature gems. Their flavor is a little tart but they’re still sweet enough to be eaten raw, so long as they’re sprinkled with plenty of sugar.
Number of servings: 1, 180 calories per serving.
- 2 cups red current seeded
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries
- reds grapes to taste for sweetness
- piece of mint for garnish
- water if needed
- Combine everything into your blender and blend.
- Add more water if needed to get things moving around in the blender.
- Garnish with mint and a sprig of red currants