Get ready to create an authentic vegan-inspired meal at home that’s full of flavor, great for parties, and ridiculously easy to make. Cubes of vegan beef are skewered and broiled or barbecued, and served with a delicious sweet and tangy hoisin sauce. They’re simple, quick, and ready to eat in under 10 minutes.
Serves one, 280 calories per portion.
- 1/2 red pepper cut into wedges
- 1/2 green pepper cut into wedges
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut into wedges
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 4oz vegan steak (i.e. Beyond Meat brand)
- salt and pepper
- 2 skewers
- Mix the peppers, onion, hoisin, red wine and olive oil in a bowl.
- Thread the veggies onto the skewers.
- Place vegan steaks and skewers on an uncovered grill or on your broiler until desired doneness, turning halfway through.
- Serve with salad or over rice.