This recipe is absolutely amazing. I have been wanting to create a vegan korma with a home made curry paste for a while now and I am so glad that I did. This tastes exactly like the korma I loved from our local Indian restaurant when I was little. The cashew base makes such a delicious, thick and creamy curry sauce. To save time, you can always purchase a store-bought vegan korma paste.
Serves four, 290 calories per portion.
- Prepare the rice according to packet instructions.
- Place the cashews and soy milk in a bowl. Allow to sit and soak. Set aside.
- In the meantime, steam the potatoes and carrots until just tender. Set aside.
- Add all “curry paste” ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined into a paste. Set aside.
- In a pan on high heat, add the oil and onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add in the curry paste and sauté for a couple of minutes until fragrant and heated through.
- Add in the peas, carrots and potatoes and sauté for a couple of minutes until coated in the paste and the peas have defrosted.
- In a food processor, pour in the coconut milk and cashew mixture and blend until smooth without lumps.
- Pour the processed cashew mixture into the fry pan and stir until combined.
- Allow to simmer until heated through and the mixture has thickened.
- Taste and season with a big pinch of salt.
- Serve immediately with rice.