Both adults and children enjoy a good spread on a healthy whole grain bread. For a healthy low-fat spread, that supplies even more nutrients, try this fresh Banana Coconut Spread and choose a whole grain and stone ground bread.
Number of servings: 1, 320 calories per serving.
- 5 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (unrefined is better)
- pinch salt
- 1 banana
- Dash cinnamon
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- If needed for blending smoothly, add a few splashes of warm water.
- Spoon mixture out into freezer-friendly container.
- Place in the freezer for at least ten minutes.
- Serve (spread should be firm yet spreadable).
- Place back in refrigerator to store. Use within a 3 days.