Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to eat them. The roasting process adds such a fantastic flavor, and even my company will eat their veggies this way, so that’s a huge plus. One of our family’s favorite vegetables to roast is cauliflower, so recently, I decided to experiment with a few ideas and see if I could take a standard, roasted cauliflower recipe, and kick it up a notch. This Roasted Cumin Spiced Cauliflower and Garbanzo Beans is so ridiculously simple, but is absolutely delicious and truly tastes like something that would be served as a side dish in a fancy restaurant.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Zest of a lime
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Bragg Liquid Aminos to taste
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Place all ingredients in a large Ziplock bag, seal, and shake well to evenly coat.
- Dump contents onto baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
- Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes, shaking the baking sheet once or twice throughout, to help ensure even roasting.
Recipe note: I consider this to be an oil-free recipe as the olive oil spray is simply to keep the vegetables from sticking.