Banana muffins and supposed to be like banana bread, a type of cake made with mashed bananas. Banana muffins are moist, sweet, and can be described as a quick bread muffin. As a snack or with a meal, these moist muffins go over great with the kids. The muffins fill them up and get them to eat nutritious bananas at the same time.
Number of servings: 12, 290 calories per serving.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till soft. Add the oil or vegan margarine and sugar and cream together.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Combine with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine.
- Grease or line a muffin pan, and fill each muffin about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.