I recently picked up several pounds of strawberries from a local farm, and I’m chipping away at my long list of things to make. At the top of the list was pancakes, but not just any strawberry pancakes — Strawberry Banana Pancakes. Try a stack of strawberry banana pancakes topped with fresh slices of banana, crowned with cool strawberries, and banana slices.
Number of servings: 6 to 8 pancakes, 105 calories each.
- 1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries (cut in half)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- handful sprouts of your choosing
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Set out all your ingredients.
- Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Serve with strawberries, banana, and sprouts.