Muesli is a breakfast and brunch dish based on raw rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, fresh or dried fruits, seeds and nuts, and may be mixed with cow’s milk, coconut milk, almond milk, yogurt or fruit juice. Developed around 1900 by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital, muesli is available in a packaged dry form, ready-made, or freshly made. In Switzerland and Germany muesli is also eaten as a light evening dish.
Serves one, 285 calories per portion.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Mix rolled oats and almond or coconut milk.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, or cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with blueberries and almonds.