These blueberry muffins are large and yummy. I usually double the recipe and fill the muffin cups just to the top edge for a wonderful extra-generously-sized deli style muffin. Add extra blueberries too, if you want for additional moistness and flavor.
Number of servings: 12, 290 calories per serving.
- 2 cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour (I used bleached)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Lemons For Lemon Zest
- 3/4 to 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk, any (I used Rice Milk)
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract (I did not use it)
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 and 1/2 cups Fresh OR Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375F for 15 minutes. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, extract, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir until just combined. Don’t over stir.
- Gently fold in the berries using a rubber spatula.
- Fill the muffin tins about 2/3rds full.
- Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. After that remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a wire rack.