In terms of U.S. fruit consumption, blueberries rank only second to strawberries in popularity of berries. Blueberries are not only popular, but also repeatedly ranked in the U.S. diet as having one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits, vegetables, spices and seasonings. Antioxidants are essential to optimizing health by helping to combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA.
Number of servings: 1, 350 calories per serving.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup vanilla non-dairy milk
- 1 heaping scoop of your favorite vegan vanilla protein powder (i.e. Sun Warrior brand)
- Combine everything into your blender and blend.
- Add more vanilla non-dairy milk if you want a thinner shake.