Broccoli is a great source of vitamins A (as beta-carotene) and C and is also a good source of folate. Folate is especially important for women who are pregnant. Insufficient folate in the diet of pregnant women may increase the risk of brain defects in growing fetuses. One cup of broccoli contains 14% RDA (recommended daily allowance) of folate. Broccoli also contains small amounts of all B vitamins (except B12), copper, potassium and phosphorus as well as dietary fiber. The antioxidants in broccoli may play a role in reducing the risk of breast, cervical and prostate cancer while also boosting liver function.
Number of servings: 1, 265 calories per serving.
- 2 scoops vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw chopped broccoli
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- Add all ingredient into a Vitamix or blender
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds until all greens have combined and texture is smooth
- Drink immediately