The smooth texture of avocado gives chilled soup a thick consistency, making heavy or sour cream unnecessary; avocado can similarly stand in for butter or cheese in a sandwich. This creamy avocado and cucumber soup is served cold and perfect for a summer afternoon lunch.
Number of servings: 2, 250 calories per serving.
- 1 lb. organic cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup water
- Braggs Amino to taste
- 1/4 Tsp. pepper
- 1/8 Tsp. paprika for garnish (optional)
- chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Place the cucumbers, avocados, lime juice, water, sea salt, and pepper into a blender.
- Process ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper if you like.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl or tupperware and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Garnish with slice of cucumber, sprinkled paprika and fresh chopped cilantro.