Few foods are as cool as a cucumber. These low-calorie veggies contain many nutritional benefits, including hydrating properties and valuable nutrients. There are hundreds of varieties of cucumber, and they come in dozens of colors, but the edible types are classified as being for either slicing or pickling. This healthy cucumber salad recipe is mixed with fresh herbs, strawberries and a homemade lime-strawberry vinaigrette. It’s a fresh, paleo & vegan meal!
Serves four, 200 calories per portion.
- 3 Tbsp Raw Apple cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Fresh lime zest, firmly packed (about 1 large lime)
- 1/2 tsp Braggs Aminos
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teas Stevia
- 2/3 Cup Roughly chopped fresh strawberries, loosely packed (90g)
- 1 Tbsp Red onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Poppy seeds
- 4 Large cucumbers, diced
- 16 ounces daikon (Japanese white radish), peeled, diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a small food processor (mine is 3 cups), combine the apple cider vinegar, fresh lime juice, lime zest, Braggs, pepper, Stevia, strawberries and red onion until smooth, and the berries and onion are broken down.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Poppy seeds.
- Dice the cucumbers and place in 4 bowls.
- Divide the spinach, daikon, mint and cilantro between the bowls, followed by the salad dressing. (You should have ended up with 1 cup of dressing, so 1/4 cup of dressing per salad)
- Toss until evenly coated.