Sorbet is a lower fat alternative to ice cream and makes a refreshing dessert or snack. It is very simple to make – all you need is fresh fruit and a little bit of sugar or other sweetener, such as agave. This fresh orange sorbet is sweet, smooth, and very refreshing.
Serves 4, 300 calories per serving.
- 8 oranges
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Grate the zest and set aside.
- Squeeze Oranges into cup glass measure (strain, or remove seeds).
- Stir in agave syrup and zest.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed/high quality blender like a Vitamix.
- Pour into a chilled metal container.
- Chill in refrigerator about one hour.