One ancestor of the grapefruit was the Jamaican sweet orange (Citrus sinensis), itself an ancient hybrid of Asian origin; the other was the Indonesian pomelo (C. maxima). One story of the fruit’s origins is that a certain “Captain Shaddock” brought pomelo seeds to Jamaica and bred the first fruit.
Serves 4, 210 calories per serving.
- 3 limes, squeezed
- 8 strawberries, cut in half
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 10 green grapes
- 20 blueberries
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned
- 1/2 cup fresh white grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- Cut grapefruit in half and remove insides.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss well
- Fill each half grapefruit with tossed salad.
- Chill for at least ten minutes before serving.