Spinach salad is a salad which has spinach as its foremost ingredient. Common additional ingredients include tomatoes, meats, cheese, slivered almonds and/or fresh or dried berries, such as cranberry or strawberry.
Serves one, 255 calories per portion.
- 1 skinless vegan chicken (i.e. Beyond Meat brand)
- 1/4 cup reduced vegan chicken broth
- chopped lemon thyme
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 5 small cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- black pepper
- Stir vegan chicken broth, lemon peel, juice, 1 tbsp thyme and pepper in a bowl.
- Place vegan chicken in a plastic bag in a shallow bowl and pour in the mixture.
- Seal it and leave to marinade for 1 hour.
- Drain vegan chicken and save marinade.
- Grill vegan chicken for 12 to 15 minutes until cooked, brushing with marinade.
- Serve with fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and cucumber drizzled with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.