Whether you’re gluten-free, Paleo, or simply looking to eat healthier meals, you know this for certain: Carbs are out and vegetables are in. This trusty spiralizer cookbook will make it easier than ever to prep and enjoy 101 recipes for flavorful and good-for-you meals that are built around veggies. Here’s what’s included:
- Clear instruction on which fruits and vegetables spiralize well–and which don’t
- A review of popular spiralizer brands and models, to help those on the fence decide which is best for them
- Recipe icons indicating whether meals can be made with a hand-crank spiralizer (Paderno, Inspiralizer, and more), an hourglass-shaped spiralizer (Vegetti, Brieftons, and more) or both types–and which blade to use for each
- A chapter of spiralizer recipes to satisfy high-carb cravings, from fettuccine alfredo to chow mein
- A chapter of basic condiments, sauces, and dressings to flavor the rainbow of veggies you’ll be spiralizing
- Nutritional information included with every recipe, noting calories, fat, cholesterol, total carbs, fiber, and protein
Meals this healthy have never been more fun to make or more delicious to eat. This would be a great for any Paleo, gluten free and low carb’ers as well as anyone who wants a fun way to consume more veggies.
This book gives you details about what will and will not “spiralize” well as well as traditional carb counts for items like pasta that you can replace spiralized veggies with to see how much more beneficial the fruits or veg are for your diet.
It also breaks down pros and cons of various types of spiralziers for you and gives handy tips for success in using a spiralizer. Breakfasts, snacks and sides, salads, soups, vegetarian and vegan, fish and seafood, meat and poultry, classic cravings (things like “spaghetti” and meatballs), baked sweets, kitchen staples (such as stocks and vinagrettes) are the categories you get recipes for. I have to say I didn’t expect anything like this and was amazed at all the various recipes.
Author: Rockridge Press
Year of Release: 2015