All of the ingredients in this juicer are beneficial From the Middle Ages, beetroot was used as a treatment for a variety of conditions, especially illnesses relating to digestion and the blood.
The red color compound betanin is not broken down in the body, and in higher concentrations may temporarily cause urine and stool to assume a reddish color; in the case of urine this is called beeturia. This effect may cause distress and concern due to the visual similarity to what appears to be blood in the urine or stool. In reality, beeturia is completely harmless and subside once the betanin is out of the system.
Number of servings: 1, 100 calories per serving.
- 1 cup freshly cut beets
- 1-2 leaves of kale (any kind of kale will work)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- Combine everything into your blender and blend.
- Add more water if needed to get things moving around in the blender.
- Excellent after a water fast.