Italian dressing offers a healthier option to regular creamy dressings because it’s naturally lower in calories and fat. You won’t get many nutrients from any salad dressing, but regular Italian dressing is a good source of vitamin K and healthy unsaturated fats that help prevent cardiovascular disease. Transform your greens and vegetables with this bright, fresh, aromatic oil-free Italian salad dressing without all the calorie dense oil. Serves: ¾ cup.
- ¾ cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed (if using canned)
- ¼ cup water (or more)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons shallots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Stevia
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or more to taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings adding a little more parsley or water if needed.
If saltier taste is needed, add Bragg Liquid Aminos to taste.