The pineapple—fierce on the outside, sweet on the inside—was given its English name for its resemblance to a pine cone. Christopher Columbus brought this native of South America back to Europe as one of the exotic prizes of the New World.
Number of servings: 1, 280 calories per serving.
- 1 cup freshly cut pineapple
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 apple
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- Water as needed
- Combine everything into your blender and blend.
- Add more water if needed to get things moving around in the blender.
- Great for the days following a fast.