A quick and easy sorbet to serve after any meal with a bit of kick to it: Mexican, Indian, Thai, etc. You’ll need a good blender or Vitamix. There is nothing quite like the bracing aroma of freshly cut, perfectly ripe pineapple. Can you imagine having a pineapple tree in your backyard? How awesome would that be?
Serves 4, 340 calories per serving.
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- optional: try coconut milk instead of lemon juice for a creamy sorbet (not fat free)
- Slightly thaw the frozen fruit so that it easily blends.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed/high quality blender like a Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth but do not overblend. Keep mixture as thick and frosty as possible.
- Pour into a chilled metal container.
- Chill until firm, then serve.