Spring is in the air and for some of us, so is the urge to clean everything. Instead of focusing all of that energy on the house and the yard, put some of it to use on your own body and treat yourself to this delectable spinach orange smoothie. Add in some hemp or chia seeds for protein, and you’ll be feeling great all day long. Both spinach and orange are good sources of choline, which helps improve mental function, and vitamin C. They are also considered antioxidant and anti-cancer foods, making this spinach orange smoothie great for staying healthy. A little bit of fresh banana helps to thicken the smoothie while also adding in potassium and vitamin B6.
Number of servings: 1, 290 calories per serving.
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1 cup tightly packed organic spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut water, adjusted as desired
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
- Add all ingredient into a Vitamix or blender
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds until all greens have combined and texture is smooth
- Drink immediately