Given their amazing combination of phytonutrients—including anthocyanins, ellagitannins, flavonols, terpenoids, and phenolic acids—it’s not surprising to find increasing research interest in the anti-inflammatory properties of strawberries. But it’s still exciting to see this remarkable fruit lowering levels of inflammatory markers like C-reactive protein (CRP).
Serves 4, 320 calories per serving.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teas Stevia
- Slightly thaw the frozen fruit so that it easily blends.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed/high quality blender like a Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth but do not overblend. Keep mixture as thick and frosty as possible.
- Pour into a chilled metal container.
- Chill until firm, then serve.
- Optional: serve with coconut whipped cream on top.