I love virtually any type of chili but my all time favorite is this two bean chili made with scallions delicious green salsa. Normally I like to make my own green salsa, roasting off all the veggies and blending up my own salsa, but in a pinch I turn to this simple recipe to make a hearty and healthy meal. Make sure to choose a flavorful green salsa since that will be the main flavoring agent in the soup.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 20 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 oz. canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red or white onion or shallots, diced
- 10 oz. frozen spinach
- 1.5 cups green salsa
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- pepper to taste
- Braggs Aminos to taste
- Add everything except the scallions to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with topped scallions.