In 1895 Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (the creator of Kellogg’s cereal) patented a process for creating peanut butter from raw peanuts. He marketed it as a healthy protein substitute for patients without teeth. In 1903, Dr. Ambrose Straub of St. Louis, Missouri, patented a peanut-butter-making machine. Today, peanut butter is being used to feed people in nations with little food.
Number of servings: 1, 350 calories per serving.
- 2 scoops vanilla coconut ice cream
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate fudge sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, chunky
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 heaping scoop of your favorite vegan chocolate protein powder (i.e. Sun Warrior brand)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegan chocolate spread (i.e. Dark Choco Dream Fair-Trade Chocolate Spread by Natural Nectar)
- Combine everything into your blender and blend.
- Add more non-dairy milk if you want a thinner shake.
- Optional: serve with coconut whipped cream on top.