Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes that comes in many versions in different regions of the world. It is a popular menu choice of cooks preparing food for a large number of people, because it is easily made in large quantities, it can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until needed, and requires inexpensive ingredients.
Number of servings: 6, 310 calories per serving.
- 1 large (1 pound) white-flesh Japanese sweet potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chives, minced
- Boil sweet potatoes in a pot of simmering water until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, dill, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
- Add the cooled potatoes to the bowl and mix well. Gently stir in the eggs, celery and chives.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Keeps for up to 5 days.